Monday, December 7, 2009

For my Kids Room

I put up that Chanukah banner and thought it really spruced up the big white walls in my kids room. So I made something for my son's side of the room and my daughters side. I think they will really liven things up:)








I used Mini Monograms (one of my black friday buys!) for the squares and the frames. I used PS for the letters and EDPD for the lion (my other black friday cart....) I then used the cuttlebug to emboss the backgrounds. I used the dots and the "going places" (I think that is the name) The patterned paper is from a package from EK Designs that I got at Amazing Savings. The Shadow on the letters though is from DCWV Kids Stack. The plain paper is from some chep-o poaster board pack I got as well at Amazing Savings. The ribbon is all from Michaels. I used Fabric Tack to glue the ribbon between the letters rather then tie it to make sure it can survive my kids room for a little while.

Then I made this for my daughter:





I took three plain wood frames from Ikea (they are like 1.50 for three) I took pattern paper (from a K and Co stack that I LOVE and need to find again ) the green background is from Nanas Nursery by DCWV. I then took some chip board from a k and Co box (I also got it at Amazing Savings- if you don't live in the east you don't have one, but it is really an awesome store) and the furry ribbon is from a package by EK Success. Also from Aamazing Savings. The flowars are Prima Flowars.
I was inspired by my good old friend Rivky of Crafting Jewish for both of these projects!:)
If you like these or you use them as insperation please post here so I can see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visits to my blog